ARBORIST CLIMBER TRAINEE
At Bartlett Tree Experts, people thrive in a safety-first, entrepreneurial, promote-from-within environment. You can go as far as your talent and hard work will take you. You can free yourself from the conventions of an office setting and work alongside some of the brightest scientific minds in the industry. Join us and realize your most ambitious goals as you grow right along with us.
We are seeking entry-level Climbers who are ambitious, self-starters, that have a passion for preserving and caring for trees.
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, or a related field OR prior experience working in the tree care industry
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor and work in all weather conditions and seasons
- Valid driver’s license and clean record
- Assists with the implementation of work zone safety procedures such as the placement of cones and signs, and the provision of flagging services
- Assists climbers and crew leaders working on the ground and aloft
- Operates and maintains chippers, chainsaws, and all other equipment safely
- Assists with driving, backing, dumping, and parking duties
- Learns and demonstrates high safety standards, sound tree risk assessment skills, equipment inspection skills, proper application of approved knots, proper climbing techniques and procedures, proper pruning and small removal skills, and proper rigging skills
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the Crew Leader or designated supervisor, Arborist Representative, or Local Manager
Bartlett Tree Experts offers competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits, 401K, life insurance, flexible spending account, and paid vacation and holidays. Employees have access to continuing education programs, professional development training materials, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories.
Bartlett Tree Experts is an Equal Opportunity Employer