Consulting Utility Forester - Hackettstown, NJ #29345
The Davey Tree Expert Company
Hackettstown, NJ, US, 07840 , Hackettstown , NJ - 07840
Requisition Number: 29345
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Position: Consulting Utility Forester – Hackettstown, NJ #29345
Starting Date: Immediately. Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
Location: North Jersey
Want to join a highly skilled team of Foresters, Horticulturalist, Plant Scientists, Ecologists, and Natural Resource Specialists? Enjoy a dynamic work environment applying the use of technology while spending time outdoors? Get paid to travel and explore new areas? Ever wondered what the root system of a 50 year old tree looks like or what special practices are needed when working in environmentally sensitive habitat? Interested in working for a 100% employee owned company and becoming an owner yourself? These opportunities await you.
Who we are:
The Davey Resource Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is passionate and relentless in our pursuit to help our utility clients deliver safe and reliable power to their customers and maintain national security. It’s all about technology and great people. Not the standard great person, but those who love being the best, being a part of building something, and those who want to create change, love what they do and the people they do it with. We are currently hiring Arborists, Foresters, Horticulturalists, Natural Resource Specialists, along with plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our team. Various full time positions available include; Entry level, special projects, and supervisory roles. Candidates who have positive attitudes excellent communication skills, critical attention to detail, thirst for knowledge and are team-players may apply. Military Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to all aspects of vegetation management planning, succeed and celebrate.
- Utilize the latest technology and practices to help major electric utility providers deliver safe and reliable power.
- Inspect and assess vegetation in the right-of-ways for compliance standards and construction work plans.
- Identify tree and brush control work and protection zone recommendations.
- Document work using hand-held computer; Assess terrain, Habitat, and Environmental conditions, Creation of IVM projects.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Planners, and Vegetation Crews to create customized solutions.
What you’ll need:
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather; ability to read and follow maps; ability to work independently.
- Leadership experience and a desire for career growth will be given a priority.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Availability and desire to travel throughout the utility service area.
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle.
- Two or Four year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture or related discipline; ISA Utility Specialist; Qualified Applicators License (QAL), Pest Control Advisor (PCA), Registered Professional Forester (RPF), Utility Right-of-Way Vegetation experience are preferred.
- Ability to identify local tree species & growth rates.
- Organizational skills; working knowledge of computers and programs, file creation, manipulation and sharing.
What you’ll get:
- Recession-resilient career opportunities that are tailored to your objective.
- A company repeatedly recognized as a top performer.
- An innovative and success driven work environment.
- The opportunity to work in this country’s great outdoors.
- Great teammates that will help support your professional growth.
- Managers who empower and genuinely care about each team members’ success.
- The resources you need to excel and grow through the Davey Institute of Tree Science.
- An excuse to be enthusiastic every day.
- Company vehicle for commuting purposes & cell phone.
- Competitive wages & excellent benefits. Pay rates based on qualifications & experience.
- Opportunity to work for and become an employee-owner with the #1 100% employee owned service company in the country.
If a career exploring the forest with Davey excites you, please apply at https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=29345&company=DaveyTree&username
or by sending your resume and cover letter to:
Email: Forestry.Careers@davey.com Phone: (800) 828-8312 x8039
Subject: Consulting Utility Forester – Hackettstown, NJ #29345
Visit the Davey Careers Website: JOBS.DAVEY.COM for other job opportunities and company information.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.