Supervisor - Lake Orion, MI #25022
The Davey Tree Expert Company
Lake Orion, MI, US, 48362 , Lake Orion , MI - 48362
Requisition Number: 25022
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: More than 5 years
Relocation Available: No
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
DEPARTMENT: Davey Golf
JOB TITLE: General Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Golf Operations Director
STATUS: Salaried Position
EDUCATION: High School Diploma; College degree. Ability to communicate well
and comprehend the English language at a level
sufficient to communicate effectively with clients, members,
guests and co-workers.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
Possess Experience at the Management Level in the Golf Industry.
Must have computer knowledge, (specifically Micro-Soft and Golf Operation
POS Systems) and effective communication skills.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be knowledgeable in all areas of golf course operations.
JOB SUMMARY: Direct all aspects of the golf course facility.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends and extended hours during peak of operational duties.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of business/golf course management
- Must present a professional image when dealing with members and customers.
- Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style.
- Directs all required departmental meetings.
- Report any safety hazards, follow up that hazard has been corrected and assist with providing a safe work environment.
- Analyze membership rates, programs, and promotions on an ongoing basis, to facilitate growth and increase revenues.
- Submits all required reports to Golf Operations Director.
- Interview, hire and train all personnel required to successfully operate the facility.
- Manage and Assist in the organizing of facility events.
- Work closely with Food and Beverage Managers/Vendors in coordinating all events.
- Maintain and Administer all contracts and agreements with various subcontractors and vendors.
- Represent Davey Golf and the golf course facility in a professional manner.
- Conduct performance reviews for all Management level staff.
- Manage all management team members and staff.
- Develop and maintain a professional rapport with all golf course facility customers/golfers.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Golf Operations Director
- Responsible Income Journal, Accounts Receivable and back-up for all other positions in office.
- Daily work relating to month-end close – preparing journal entries from daily work.
- Answer questions from employees relating to A/R, daily deposits and other accounting items.
- Petty cash maintenance for reimbursement, employee discounts and cash intake.
- Special projects, balancing repetitive charges and projects relating to credit card procedures, and other functions assigned by the Controller.
- Daily deposit to bank – picking up change order.
- Help answer golfer and guest telephone calls when needed.
- Perform and follow up on all other duties assigned by the Controller.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll reports for submittal.
- Program POS system for correct reporting of sales.
- Preparing journal entries for month-end close and account reconciliations.
- Reconcile some balance sheet accounts and key and post all journal entries.
- Complete all inventory accounts and review part of the financial reports for errors.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION
Evaluated on quality and quantity of work performed, attendance and punctuality records, courtesy towards members, relations with other employees, reliability, as well as compliance with all Davey policies, including dress and grooming code, and where applicable, safety, sanitation, and security procedures and guidelines.
The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principle functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. The management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.